With hard economic times all of us find ourselves having to stick to a tight budget once in a while. It is interesting to note that irrespective of hard times, you can still have a very good meal.
In this article we are going to give you a very good budget beater meal. We are going to give you a recipe for Fish burgers with sweet potato wedges and tartar sauce.
- Preheat Oven to 180°C
- Cut 4 medium sweet potatoes into wedges and place on a greased baking tray
- Drizzle with oil and season
- Roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through
- Season 4 (100g each) skinless hake fillets
- Combine 1 cup (250ml) breadcrumbs, 2 Table spoon (30ml) chopped parsley and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Dip each fillet into 2 whisked eggs, 1 cup (250ml) flour and breadcrumb mixture
- Heat ¼ cup (60ml) oil in a pan and fry fillets for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through
- Drain on kitchen paper
- Combine 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 teaspoon (5ml) lemon juice, 2 tablespoon (30ml) chopped gherkins, 1 tablespoon (15ml) chopped parsley and season.
- Divide a handful mixed salad leaves, 2 sliced tomatoes and hake fillets between 4 toasted burger buns
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and tartar sauce
- Serves 4
As an option you can splurge and add some sliced avocado if you like.
The above is a simple and easy recipe to follow. Even if cooking is not your thing you can follow the recipe and enjoy a good meal.
If you are broke and can’t afford expensive ingredients then tryout this recipe and enjoy the fish burgers.