Old Mutual Careers – Are you contemplating starting a career at Old Mutual? If yes, you will be pleased to know that Old Mutual is always looking for talented people to join their teams.
At Old Mutual they offer jobs in various fields – investments, accounting, legal, actuarial science, marketing, IT, sales and more.
By joining Old Mutual you’ll become part of a company with growing African footprint and vibrant culture.
In this article we are going to discuss why you can join Old Mutual with confidence and the benefits of Old Mutual Careers. Also, we will look at how you can apply and get the job.
Why Join Old Mutual?
Firstly, Old Mutual is a proudly African company and a a trusted brand that offers innovative financial solutions and investments.
Secondly, Old Mutual offers great culture, leadership, learning opportunities, challenges, rewards and recognition.
1. Culture – Old Mutual has a culture of creating a caring environment for all employees. This includes embracing diversity by promoting inclusivity with people of different demographics, cultures, educational backgrounds, markets and experiences.
Furthermore, your voice is important in the company and as an employee you are encouraged to use the various engagement tool available.
2. Leadership – Old Mutual leaders create a great place to work. In addition, these leaders are business focused and people-centred.
The leaders at Old Mutual think globally while acting local. Also, they are adaptable, flexible and inclusive in their leadership styles.
The good news is that you’ll get an opportunity to engage with them and learn from them.
3. Learning opportunities – Old Mutual will challenge and help you grow in your career through a personalized development plan. This is achieved by exposure to formal and informal learning opportunities. In addition, you’ll be exposed to action learning and on-the-job learning.
To give you an idea of how you are doing, you can expect honest and direct feedback through performance appraisals.
TIP: For you to benefit from these opportunities you need to be curious. Take every experience as a learning opportunity and be willing to get out of your comfort zone.
4. Rewards and Recognition – Everyone wants to be recognized and rewarded for their hard work. Old mutual does this via their benefits programme which is structured to incentivise employees both is the short term and in the long term.
To benefit, be a team player and drive excellence and outstanding performance in your delivery.
Benefits Of Old Mutual Careers
Everyone wants to work for a company that comes with great benefits. You will be happy to know that working for Old Mutual also comes with its own benefits.
For example, at Old Mutual they offer health, maternity and study benefits. In addition, they offer employee wellbeing programmes.
Also, by working for Old Mutual, they will help you reveal your potential and growth is inevitable as long as you work hard.
Everyone wants to be valued irrespective of your position in an organization. At Old Mutual you are guaranteed this as they value people, diversity, innovation, trust and respect.
Old Mutual Careers Graduate Programme
The programme is aimed at graduates and post graduate students who are looking for real work experience.
Candidates will have to go through Old Mutual’s hiring process to be considered.
Successful candidates will join the company for 18 months with the prospect of becoming a permanent employee.
Old Mutual loves hiring graduates because they come in with a fresh perspective, they are positioned as game changers & impact makers.
- Apply – Submit documents – CV, Transcripts, Grade 12 certificate
- You will / may go through automated screening questions
- Should you meet Old Mutual’s requirements you will be requested to complete screening assessments
- Once you have done your screening assessments, Old Mutual will then review your profile against our requirements
- You will be required to complete psychometric assessments, and move forward to interviews if successful
How To Apply and Get the Job
To apply for a job, you first of all have visit the Old Mutual Website (www.oldmutual.co.za) and select the careers tab.
Next, select the “search jobs” button to see available positions. Old Mutual vacancies are advertised both internally and externally on their website and on job portals
Go through the available positions that are listed and select the position you wish to apply for.
Once you select the position you want to apply for you can then submit an application online. To submit an application, you’ll be required to create an account.
After you create your account online, you can then follow the rest of the prompts.
Tips on how to get the job;
- As with any interview, make sure you do your research about Old Mutual
- Identify your unique selling point that makes you a best fit
- Make sure to prepare for the common interview questions and ask questions. You can even have a practice session with someone before the interview
- Highlight how you managed difficult task or client before
Note: Old Mutual will conduct a minimum of two interviews per vacancy. The first will be with the HR and line Manager. The second will be with the Head of Department.